HELPFUL TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS AT UNDRCARD
Nervous? Too shy to try? We got you! As soon as you step into our space you are part of our family, or as we like to say; the #cornercrew. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be nerve-wracking so we’ve compiled a quick list to ease your worries.
· Arrive early for your first class. 20 minutes before class is ideal. Guests who arrive with 10 minutes or less before class may not have enough time to properly prepare (and may lose their spot to a waitlisted guest).
· Bring indoor shoes. Bare feet are fine, but we strongly recommend shoes to protect your feet from accidentally getting stepped on by another guest next to you.
· Bring a water bottle or grab one of ours.
· Glove rentals are free.
· Hand Wraps are required and may be purchased at the studio for a small fee ($12-$15). These go on your hands before you put gloves on and are a personal item (we are unable to rent them for sanitary reasons). Choose from Quick Wraps and Traditional Boxing Hand Wraps. You can wash and re-use these for a long time!
· Prefer Traditional Boxing Hand Wraps over Quick Wraps? Watch our How To Wrap Your Hands video. Our instructors and staff are also available to help wrap your hands. Wrapping hands takes less than 1 minute when you’re experienced but can take 5+ minutes if you are just learning.
· Please note that there is occasional use of flashing lights inside the heavy bag room. If you have a sensitivity to strobe lights, or moving lights, please let the instructor know in advance so they may adjust their programming.
· Do sign up through Mind Body so that your waiver is already filled out, to save yourself paperwork at the front desk.
· Lockers are free.
· Change rooms are stocked with amenities such as bath towels, hair products, shampoo, body washes etc.
· Wear whatever you’d like to sweat in. Shorts? Sure. Leather vest? Cool. Or, shop gear!.
Give yourself time. Be easy on yourself. With every song, with every class, you’ll improve. Remember; you’re learning a brand new skill and working your entire body. We’re excited to see you emerge a champion.
New to UNDRCARD but have some boxing experience? You will find the classes physically challenging and our program responsive to those seeking advanced combos or techniques. We coach real boxing movement in a real hype atmosphere and can adjust to beginner, through advanced, guests in the class.
Every amazing adventure begins with a first step. Go ahead, book that bag. Begin it, and find your breakthrough on the bag. #allyouneedisglove