HELPFUL TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS AT UNDRCARD
Never boxed? Or, boxed but never been to UNDRCARD? As soon as you step into our space you are part of our family, the #cornercrew, and we have your back.
We know that stepping out of your comfort zone can be nerve-wracking. What do you wear? Where do you park? How do the lockers work? What gear is needed? Who’s the cutest instructor? We’ll help you with the first few and let you decide on the last one.
· Arrive early for your first class. 30 minutes before class begins is ideal. First time guests , arriving with 10 minutes or less before class start, may not have enough time to properly prepare.
· Bring indoor shoes. Bare foot is fine, but we strongly recommend shoes.
· Bring a water bottle or grab one of ours.
· Glove rental is free. Our rental gloves are premium, leather gloves. Our rental gloves rival the quality of premium boxing gloves on the market. We also have a very fancy glove dryer so gloves are sanitized and fresh for you. However, bring your own gloves if you like!
· You’ll need hand wraps. These go on your hands before you put gloves on. Avoid the quick, slide-on, hand wraps; these don’t protect as well as the traditional boxing hand wraps do. Hand wraps are a one time purchase of $10 and up (depending on the style and length you choose). You can wash and re-use these for a long time!
· Watch our How To Wrap Your Hands video! This video also plays inside the studio. Our instructors and staff are also available to help wrap your hands. Wrapping hands takes less than 1 minute when you’re experienced but can take 5+ minutes if you are just learning.
· Do sign up through Mind Body so that your waiver is already filled out, to save yourself paperwork at the front desk.
· Lockers are free. You won’t need to bring a lock; we have digital locks.
· Change rooms are stocked with amenities. Large luxurious bath towels, hair products, premium shampoo and body washes. All included in your class price.
· Wear whatever you’d like to sweat in. Shorts? Sure. Leather vest? Cool. Or, shop gear!
· Bring some extra change to take advantage of Yo Adrian! coffee, juice and food bar. Fuel up with protein after a workout so that you can reap the benefits of your hard work.
Give yourself time. Be easy on yourself. With every song, with every class, you’ll improve. Remember; you’re learning a brand new skill and working your entire body. We’re excited to see you emerge a champion.
New to UNDRCARD but have some boxing experience? You will find the classes physically challenging and our program responsive to those seeking advanced combos or techniques. We coach real boxing movement in a real hype atmosphere and can adjust to beginner, through advanced, guests in the class.
Every amazing adventure begins with a first step. Go ahead, click that book button. Begin it. You can always take the bag in the corner, where it’s completely dark, and smash it in anonymity . Or, take a ‘hollywood’ bag in the middle of the room where all can see you. Your body, your work out, your choice! Join the fight!